Pages

March 10, 2009

When did you become a photographer?













My interest in photography began at an early age, as can be seen in this rare archive photograph c. Christmas 1965 when I was aged 3.
That's me dressed as a Rolleflex camera, obviously in 1965 cameras were a very traditional fancy dress costume at Christmas for young boys, as presumably, were devils and alpine maids! My elder brother Ade meanwhile opted for the rather more obscure Christmas present look.
Keen camera lovers out there will note that the Rolleiflex was of course a Twin Lens Reflex, mine was the rarer one lens version!

4 comments:

Sarah Hymas said...

fave blog post of the week so far, JB. Christmas party? More like a casting session for Boris Karloff's son ...

Marie Reed said...

What a wonderful blast from the past! You were are darling little camera:)

Itani said...

I already miss film days enough, did you have to rub it in :)
great picture and put a smile on my face for the good old days
Thank you

The Coffee Lady said...

Ah - the two Bean passions combined: photography and fancy dress.