Pages

July 22, 2009

Lancaster. Morecambe. etc.

I like to think of the Lancaster and Morecambe district as a very special place, small enough not to get lost in and big enough not to feel hemmed in. When I moved here in late 1998 from Peterborough, I know it won me over very quickly. I love the city, and it's vistas, and the views over Morecambe Bay, I love promenading at Morecambe seafront, I love that I can see the Midland Hotel from my bathroom window in Freehold!, I love being only minutes away from the Forest of Bowland, the Silverdale and Arnside areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the South Lakes, and I love the creative and entrepreneurial spirit which imbues the streets, the culture, the inhabitants and the shops.
Last week a new guide (Lancaster. Morecambe. Etc.) was launched which exactly captures this feeling, and I thought I'd share it with you. Better still, visit the website, subscribe to the blog, follow them on flickr and buy a copy!


www.beanphoto.co.uk

2 comments:

etc guides said...

thanks. it took us ages to write and design the book, and it's comments like this that make it worthwhile :)

Jonathan Bean Photography said...

you're welcome!