Pages

September 16, 2010

Sarah Hymas' new poetry collection "Host"

My Litfest colleague Sarah Hymas, has a new collection of poems out. "Host" was launched at the Maritime Museum on St. Georges Quay, Lancaster, an event I was more than pleased to attend. Together with Sarah I have really enjoyed the opportunity to photograph all the Flax writers that she has been editor to. The launch event was a very well put together occasion, and an opportunity for me to hear Sarah read movingly some of the poem from "Host".
Back in 2007 when Sarah was still putting the collection together, she asked me if I could have a go at making a short film of one of the poems, "Harrogate Bedrock, 1898". It was lovely to hear Sarah read that same poem at the launch, and it seems like a nice opportunity to present it again here...


"Host", is published by Waterloo Press, and is available from Litfest's Poetry Bookcase price £10.

1 comment:

Christopher James Heyworth (aka Christo46) said...

Our son and his bride got married at Broadoaks Country House near Grasmere on 04/09/2010.
As he is in the promotion via visuals business, he will be putting together this sort of memory-bank when they return from honeymoon.
Meanwhile I am concentrating on a couple of poetry "albums" to accompany his efforts.
This sort of thing is one of the ways forward for presentation, I am sure.