Pages

June 01, 2011

It's been a while... {welcome back Flax}

It's been a while since I featured any Flax pictures on the  blog, indeed that's probably because it's been a while since I've done any. But next weekend (June 11th) Flax books will be launching no. 26 in their series of digital publications. And it's back with a vengeance, because this time, unlike previous issues which have often feature five or six writers at the most, "Flashmob" has eleven contributors! It's an anthology of flash fiction writing and looks great.

Luckily several of the contributors had been in front of my camera for Flax before, so no need to repeat, but it still meant a hectic spell shooting the new contributors. It's always a fun process too, thanks largely to Flax editor Sarah Hymas, who generally interviews while I shoot, so as to keep it fairly natural and unstilted.

Anyway, make a date in your diary for the launch on Sat 11th at The Storey in Lancaster, they're always fun events (and free!), sadly I'll be at a wedding that day, so won't be there myself. Anyway, here's the collected Flash mob...
I've included the cover artwork too, designed by Anat Caspi Kaivanto who has used all the flashmob portraits against a background of another of my portraits, which I think looks fab!

No comments: