Pages

June 19, 2011

The wedding of Jane & James

I was accompanied for Jane & James wedding by a new young photographer, Jodie, whose family had met me at a previous wedding and asked if she might be able to join me on another occasion and maybe learn a few things. Wherever possible I like to say yes, because I was never given those opportunities myself when I was starting out trying to make a living in photography. Of course it has to be okay with the wedding couple, and in this case Jane and James were more than happy. I've not seen Jodie's pics yet, but as soon as will upload a few here too.
We're well into full on wedding season now, and I'm reminded just how busy things get at this time of year, but hey! not that I'm complaining, I love this job, and when I get great couples to shoot like Jane and James it's easy to see why.
I arrived at the Garstang Country House Hotel and found Jane getting ready in her room with all of her girls and a few glasses of champagne - well why not - it's a wedding! After a few shots here it was off to find James and to catch the arrival of the guests, before the service started. I think this must be one of my fave rooms for shooting civil weddings, so must natural light!

After the service, we did a few formals (indoors and out - the weather being a bit of a challenge), and some more relaxed shots.
Jane's dress from Ambience in Garstang, looked amazing, as did the fabulous tower of muffins and the room decorations overall, which Jane had clearly put so much thought into, and the ever-beautiful Flowers by Catherine.
A great day guys! Here's a few favourites...




















4 comments:

Jane Gill said...

LOVE them sooo much :) :)

Angie said...

They're fantastic !! Not many of them though. Is that it? xx Angie & David

Jonathan said...

Thanks Angie, there's loads more but I'll let Jane and James share those!

Ayesha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.