Pages

December 01, 2011

A nice quiet Winter {Lancashire Wedding Photographer}

After a hectic summer of weddings, it's rather nice to settle down in the winter to a different (but still hectic) way of working.Winter usually finds me planning madly for what I want to do next year with my business, new directions, new offers, new kinds of work, new people to work with. And I always have plenty of plans! Some come to fruition, some don't and that's fine.For next year I've already teamed up with Phil at Tall Order Photography to cater for clients who would like to get the ultimate coverage of their big day with two photographers, and I'm exploring making improvements to my wedding albums with a local graphic design company.

I'm already busy preparing lots of clients wedding albums right now, and that's a nice chance also to review the work I've done over the summer and see where I've improved or need to get better.

I also get to work on a few more portraiture and commercial jobs, and recently that has included a whole day shooting different cuts of meat for Mansergh Hall Farm nr Kirkby Lonsdale for their recent web makeover, a morning shooting wedding card stationery for Kelly at Perfect Touch a local wedding stationery designer, and a morning reacquainting with a previous client for some baby and family portraits. Coming up, I'm looking forward to a possible shoot with the bell ringers in Lancaster Priory, another portrait shoot, a bridalwear collection shoot and a vintage shoot for Mrs Beanphoto, whom I now have to refer to in her own right as co-owner at Itsy Bitsy Vintage.

In March, I'll be taking a stand at a wedding fair for the first time ever, running a short course in social networking for small businesses, and if I'm lucky, I might get to spend some time on doing some personal work! In that respect, I'm currently looking for willing participants in a portraiture project, shooting 50 year olds (interested? get in touch!); I also have a fun ongoing side project called Slingfilm, in which I'm collecting and using vintage cameras with undeveloped film still in them; and I'm hoping to get things moving again on a co-project connected to the old Moor Hospital in Lancaster.

It's time also to start looking at ways to start selling some of my personal work. I'm always shooting things for myself as opposed to shooting for clients and slowly some of that work is starting to sell too.

Work slowing down in the winter? I don't think so!

No comments: